Contact us
1 (951) 955-6200
 Live Agents from 8 am-5 pm, M-F

Welfare Exemption

The process to obtain a welfare exemption is outlined here:

First, entities will need to obtain an Organization Clearance Certificate (OCC) from the State Board of Equalization (BOE). The form can be obtained from the BOE by using the links below.  Please note, by clicking the links you will access the State Board of Equalization website, which provides forms and information.  The County of Riverside takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over, the organization, views, or accuracy of the information contained on the BOE website:

Claim for Organizational Clearance Certificate (BOE 277)

Information on Organizational Requirements and Related Forms

Send the form (BOE 277) and requested information to the BOE.  Be sure to request the first fiscal year that you started using the property. 

When you receive your OCC, mail us a copy of your certificate and the Findings Sheet along with the Welfare Exemption First Time Filing claim form (BOE 267) for each year that you have been using the property.  Please read the claim forms completely, answer all questions, sign the forms and make copies for your records prior to submitting the information to the Assessor’s Office.

This form is available on our website here.

If additional forms are needed please contact our office at (951) 413-2890.