Contact us
1 (951) 955-6200
 Live Agents from 8 am-5 pm, M-F

Commissioner For The Day

Do you have a friend or family member you would like to have perform your wedding ceremony? We can assist you with this.

Pursuant to section 401(a)&(b) of the California Family Code, the Riverside County Clerk is designated as the Commissioner of Civil Marriages for Riverside County. As the Commissioner of Civil Marriages, the County Clerk may appoint commissioners who may solemnize a marriage under the direction of the Commissioner of Civil Marriages.

This means, that your friend or family member can be appointed as a deputy commissioner of civil ceremonies for a day if they meet all the criteria.

The person wishing to be appointed as a commissioner of civil marriages must:

  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Appear in person at the County Clerk's Office
  • Present current governmental issued identification
  • Know location and date of ceremony
  • Pay a fee of $58.00 (non-refundable)

To complete an Application for Appointment as Commissioner of Civil Marriages, click here.

For additional information, please contact any one of the County Clerk's office locations during regular business hours.