Filing as a Humane Officer
The County Clerk’s office accepts filings for Humane Officers Monday through Thursday (except holidays). See Locations for business hours. Filing may be completed in the Riverside Gateway or Palm Desert locations. To file as a Humane Officer with Riverside County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You MUST obtain a court order confirming the appointment as a Humane Officer.
- You MUST file the certified copy of the court order in the office of the county clerk of the county or city and county in which the court is located.
- You must provide the name of the officer, the name of the society appointing him or her, the number of his or her badge, the date of the filing, and the case number of the court order confirming the appointment.
- You MUST take and subscribe the oath of office prescribed for constables or other peace officers.
- You MUST present valid government issued picture identification.
- The filing fee for Humane Officer is $5.00.