Contact us
1 (951) 955-6200
 Live Agents from 8 am-5 pm, M-F

Registering as a Process Server

To register as a process server with Riverside County, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You MUST reside or have a business in the county of Riverside to register with the Riverside County Clerk.

  • You MUST submit fingerprints to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Effective July 1, 2005, DOJ will only accept Live Scan submission of fingerprints. For a live scan location, click here.

  • You may pick up a Live Scan form from the County Clerk's Office at Gateway in Riverside or in the Clerk's Office in Palm Desert. Or, you may download the Live Scan form by clicking here.

  • If you have been previously convicted of a felony, you must attach a certified copy of your Certificate of Rehabilitation, Expungement, or Pardon to your Certificate of Registration Form.

  • You MUST have a bond in the amount of $2,000.00. The bond must have a term beginning date, and must either show the expiration date of the bond or show the term of the bond is 2 years. The bond must be bound to the County of Riverside.

  • The filing fee for registering as a Process Server is $184.00 if you have a one-page bond. If your bond is more than one page, there is an additional fee of $3.00 per page for the extra pages.

  • Your photo for your Process Server identification card will be taken at the County Clerk's office during the time of registration.

  • To complete a Process Server Registration application, click here.

  • To complete a Process Server Registration application for a Partnership or Corporation (Partnership/Corporation), click here.  ALL partners or corporate officers MUST be listed on the registration application and each person MUST submit fingerprints whether they intend to serve papers or not.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the information page attached to the Registration Forms before filing.

After you have all the required documentation, you must complete the process in person at the County Clerk's Office in Riverside (Gateway) or Palm Desert. (If partnership or corporation, only 1 partner or corporate officer needs to come in to the office.) If you have any questions, you may call Riverside at (951) 486-7000, or Palm Desert at (760) 863-8732.