Registering as a Professional Photocopier
To register as a Professional Photocopier with Riverside County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You MUST reside or have a business in the County of Riverside to register with the Riverside County Clerk.
- You MUST have a bond in the amount of $5,000.00. The bond must have a term beginning date, and must either show the expiration date of the bond or show the term of the bond is 2 years. The bond must be bound to the County of Riverside.
- The filing fee for registering as a Professional Photocopier is $197.00 if you have a one-page bond. If your bond is more than one page, there is an additional fee of $3.00 per page for each additional page.
- Your photo for your Professional Photocopier ID card will be taken at the County Clerk's office during the time of registration.
- You MUST complete a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Photocopier form provided by this office.
- At least one person involved in the management of a professional photocopier shall be required to hold a current commission from the California Secretary of State as a notary public. If the notary commission is held by someone other than the registrant, written confirmation from the notary authorizing the use of their commission for this registration is required.
- You have not been convicted of a felony
- You MUST present valid government issued picture identification.
- If you are a partnership or corporation, you MUST complete a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Photocopier Corporation/Partnership form provided by this office. ALL partners or corporate officers MUST be on the registration form.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the information page attached to the Registration Forms before filing.
After you have all the required documentation, you may file the paperwork in person at the County Clerk’s Office in Riverside (Gateway) or Palm Desert. (If partnership or corporation, only 1 partner or corporate officer needs to come in to the office.) If you have any questions, you may call Riverside at (951) 486-7000, or Palm Desert at (760) 863-8732.