Contact us
1 (951) 955-6200
 Live Agents from 8 am-5 pm, M-F


Recording Services

The County Recorder, upon payment of proper fees and taxes, will accept any document which is authorized or required by California law to be recorded, if the document contains the required information and if it is photographically reproducible. The office of the Clerk-Recorder is PROHIBITED from giving ANY legal advice or assisting in document preparation.

Foreign Language Documents

Pursuant to Government Code 27293, if all or a portion of a document is in a language other than English, the recorder must not accept it for recording. The customer should bring the original document to a certified or registered court interpreter or to an accredited translator.

California Courts website for certified/registered court interpreters.

American Translator’s Association website for accredited translators.

The certified/registered court interpreter or accredited translator will translate the foreign language portion into English and give the customer a signed, completed, and notarized Declaration. The customer should then bring the original document, the English translation, and the notarized Declaration to the County Clerk’s office. The County Clerk will verify that the translation was performed by a certified/registered court interpreter or by an accredited translator. Upon verification, the County Clerk will prepare a Translation Certification and staple all the documents together. The County Clerk’s office charges a fee of $10.00 for this service.

The customer may then submit all documentation to the Recorder for recordation.

Map Filings

The submission and filing of all maps must be done at the Recorder’s Main Office Riverside (at Gateway). This office is located at 2724 Gateway Drive, Riverside, California, 92507. Maps must be submitted between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. All maps, with the exception of Condominium Plans, must be printed on 18” x 26” Mylar paper. The recording fees are $10 for the first page and $2 for each additional page. One original mylar is required for recording plus an additional $20 for the mandatory second map copy which will be provided by the ACR. There will be an additional $20 copy fee for each subsequent mylar copy requested at the time of recording.

Below is an example of the base fees required for the recording of a one or two page map:


One Page Map + Second Mylar Copy        Fee                  Two Page Map + Second Mylar Copy       Fee
Recording First Page   $9.00   Recording First Page $9.00
Mylar Copy $20.00   Recording Second Page $2.00
Total $29.00   Mylar Copy $30.00

  Total  $31.00

Pursuant to Government Code 66466 (a) of the Subdivision Map Act, the County Recorder shall have not more than 10 days, from the date of receipt, within which to examine and accept or reject a map for filing. Maps are recorded in the order in which they are received. For questions regarding map filings, please call our office at (951) 486-7000 and request to speak with an employee from the map recording department.

Document Recordings

Documents may be presented for recording at any of our Public Service locations.  All applicable fees must be paid at the time of recording.

You may also mail in your documents for recording with a check, cashiers check or money order made payable to Riverside County Recorder.

We suggest that you do not send cash when submitting a document for recording.

Documents submitted for recording should be mailed to the following address when sending through standard USPS:

Riverside County Recorder
P.O. Box 751
Riverside, CA 92502

When sending by overnight service (UPS, FedEx, etc), documents should be mailed to:

Riverside County Recorder
2724 Gateway Drive
Riverside, CA 92507

Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your original recorded document back in the mail.

Once you have the appropriate form, you may prepare it yourself, consult legal counsel, or contact a local title/escrow company for further assistance.  The office of the Clerk-Recorder is PROHIBITED from giving ANY legal advice or assisting in document preparation. We are also unable to provide notarial services.

Various types of forms may be purchased at office supply stores or stationary stores. Many common forms are available for download here on our website.