Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder Riverside County, CA

Confidential Marriage License - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

No answers matched your search

FAQ Search Instructions

Click on any of the questions below to reveal the answers. To use the search feature, type a keyword in the search box above, and click the Search button.

We recommend you get a public license unless you have a specific reason to get a confidential license.

To see a list of persons authorized to perform marriage ceremonies in the State of California, click on the following link:

Yes. After completing the application, you are only partially done. You must still come to the office with your partner and government-issued ID to pay for the licenses an swear an oath before the clerk.

Ninety (90) days after issuance. 

Your marriage license allows you to get married anywhere in the State of California.

Bring payment or proof of payment, government-issued ID, and divorce papers (if either party has been divorced in the last 90 days).